Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Announcement Time


Since I'm turning 17 tomorrow, and college is starting back up in a few weeks too, I thought I'd give some update news for the incredible four-ish regular readers I have managed to amass since starting this blog up way back in March. Since I'm moving into second year of college (that's for 17/18 year olds, my American viewers), I'm imagining that I won't have time to do anywhere near the amount of write-ups I am currently doing whilst I'm on holiday (not actually on holiday, that is - just the school holiday). Therefore, what I'll instead do is very much slow down with the reviews of older albums I've already heard, and devote more time to writing up review/reaction pieces like I am doing for my Murs-athon posts. I'll still be continuing with what I originally intended to do - that's listen to and write reviews on the entire discographies of artists whom I'm interested in - but I'll only be reviewing shit I'm already familiar with when I have the time to do so. 

Some of the artists who I intend to "discover" in the next few months are: 

Aesop Rock

Atmosphere

Mr. Lif

Talib Kweli

Juvenile

Lil Wayne (I know, I know, but you've gotta admit a run through his catalogue could be funny)

This shouldn't be an issue, as these are generally of pretty similar quality to reviews of albums I've heard countless times before anyway, and while you might say "your opinion will change over time", it generally doesn't when you concentrate hard enough on first listen to be writing stuff up on every song. Odd, but, as I've found, very true. 

On top of that, being that I'm young and only tend to listen to albums I've bought on CD, I've already covered a surprisingly large portion of the stuff that I've listened to in my lifetime, so that could be fatal if I don't slow down soon. Oh, and I'm also thinking I could do some "new music Friday" write-ups for stuff I'm interested in - despite what you might have gathered from the fact that pretty much every album I've covered so far is from pre-2010, I do actually like a lot of modern hip-hop too (not Future, though - he sucks). And, if I really get carried away, I might introduce some discussion-type posts on here too to add to the multitude of reviews that, rest assured, will still be coming your way.

Anyway, thanks so much for the views I've been getting so far this year, and I hope the blog will continue to grow even more from here. So, I'll see y'all in the next one!!

(Oh, and if anyone has any album suggestions or interesting ideas, feel free to post 'em in the comments. I'm out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murs-athon pt. 15 - The Final Adventure

Followers of the Murs catalogue should know by now that from 2004 onwards, every two years there had been a ten track collaborative record b...